Blue Note assessed, enhanced and stabilized the Harvard Management Company's Router application.
- This is a key operational application which provides a 'soft switch' between:
- HMC's internal systems such as trade capture, cash wire and security feeds
- An off-site accounting system
- An off-site SMAC (securities management and control) system
- The Router application:
- Maps and routes transactions (messages) to and from all the above systems.
- Records acknowledgement of receipt of information and creates cross-reference information.
- Forms the basis for reconciliation among these systems.
- Positions HMC well for the approaching T+1 settlement requirement.
- The application is implemented in C/Sybase.
- Stabilization was achieved by identifying and resolving problems:
- within the application logic.
- with implementation (i.e. memory leaks).
- Enhancements included adding transaction types such as stock loans and cash wires to the Router
- Assessment resulted in a series of recommendations, which were adopted, that improved reliability, supportability, etc.