Kitchen Etc. needed an on-line store to complement their retail locations. The requirements for this eCommerce channel included:
- a multi-level product catalog with
- over 30,000 regular SKUs
- over 30,000 special order SKUs
- inventory status
- automatically generated, content-based links to a new partner, ucook.com
- powerful search functions
- on-line gift registry, fully integrated with their existing retail-store gift registry
- givers could access registries and make purchases on-line or in stores
- receivers could create and maintain their registries both on-line and in stores
- entire site fully integrated into existing AS400 retail information systems
- real-time credit card processing that could be used by both the website and their existing catalog sales staff
- A comprehensive shopping cart and checkout process that would allow shoppers to purchase for multiple recipients and/or against multiple gift registries, all with one transaction.
Blue Note Technology built a site that included the 22,000 SKUs displayed in a multi-level product catalog, complete with thumbnails, large photos, detailed product information, and a robust search facility. We linked the site to their new partner, ucook.com, by dynamically generating thousands of links between products at Kitchen Etc. and recipes at ucook. Read the Press Releasefor more information about the launch.
Once the site launched, Blue Note moved quickly to include Kitchen Etc's entire catalog of over 60,000 SKUs, fully integrating the web catalog into their existing AS400 information and product management systems.
We added a gift registry that is fully integrated into Kitchen Etc's retail store gift registries, enabling givers and receivers to access all the functions of the registry both in the stores and on-line.
Blue Note also upgraded the site's shopping cart, giving KitchenEtc.com the most comprehensive shopping cart on the web. The cart is intuitive and easy to use, yet enables customers to purchase for multiple recipients and/or against multiple gift registries and then ship to any number of locations, all with one transaction. And registered users can complete checkout with just 3 clicks. The Success
Kitchen Etc's new web site has made them a major e-commerce player in their industry. The addition of this on-line channel has allowed Kitchen Etc. to more effectively reach parts of the country (indeed the world) remote from their stores. There has been a steady ramp-up of orders, including orders for gift registries, placed on the site with order dollars increasing at an annual rate of 300%. In addition, there has been steady growth in gift and bridal registries created on-line. This has been key to attracting new registry business from areas remote to Kitchen Etc. stores.
The KitchenEtc.com now attracts partners in the food and cooking industry. For example, a heavily subscribed west coast recipe/cooking site now directs its users to Kitchen Etc's on-line store under a co-brand arrangement.
KitchenEtc.com has won several awards:
For more information, see the KitchenEtc case study.